My 10 Step Simple Eating Ethos For Getting And Staying Lean All Year Round
(or how I lost over 30lb of fat and got ripped in my 2011 body transformation challenge)
The entire nutrition and health eating ethos of Body Transformation Lab is laid out in the simple points below. Follow this nutrition advice to lose fat, gain muscle, and radically alter your body shape for the better.
Each subsequent step is more difficult to implement than the previous one. Implement one step at a time for 21 days. When you achieve a successful run of 21 days, repeat the process with the next step, until eventually you are following each rule all the time.
- Take a tablespoon of fish oil per day at breakfast.
- Drink 5 cups of green tea per day.
- Base every meal around a serving of lean protein – that’s fish, meat (lean beef, chicken, pork, etc) or eggs. A serving for men is two palms worth, for women one palms worth.
- Add 1-2 cups of vegetables to every meal.
- Add healthy fats to every meal. Choose one of the following: olive oil, flax oil, flax seed, coconut oil, coconut butter, nut oil, nut butter, avocado, fish oil, nuts and seeds. The serving should be about the size of your thumb. Break this rule if your meal falls in the 2 hour post-workout window, in which case you should avoid adding fats.
- Do not eat any carbohydrates except vegetables.
- Break healthy eating habit #6 if your meal falls in the 2 hours post-workout window. Add 0.5-1 cup of one of the following to your meal: Fruit, sweet potato, whole oats, quinoa, wholegrain rice, wholegrain pasta, potato. This steps need the most individualisation. If you aren’t losing fat then reduce your consumption of these ‘other’ carbs. If you are losing weight to rapidly, add a few more in.
- Do not eat any processed or pre-packaged foods.
- Reduce your consumption of liquid calories over time until you reach zero.
- Every 4 days have one meal that breaks all the rules. Eat whatever you want, but only until you are satisfied. Do not stuff yourself silly.
Take your next step
1. Sign-up for the BTL free fat loss and body transformation newsletter. Enter your email in the box to the right.
2. See how these rules worked for me in my 2011 body transformation challenge.