Remember to use proper technique for all the exercises. No cheating.
- 1 x dumbbell (start with 10kg for men, 5kg for women)
- 1 x medicine ball
- 2 x resistance bands (interlink them for the band sprints)
- 10 x jump lunges (5 each leg)
- 10 x dumbbell clean and presses (10 each side)
- 10 x resistance band sprints
- 10 x russian twists with medicine ball
- 10 x spiderman pushups (5 each leg)
- 10 x burpees
Perform one circuit slowly as a warm up, then perform 3 at full pace, resting 60 seconds between each circuit. Do not rest after each exercise.
No Equipment Alternative
- Replace dumbbell clean and presses with prisoner squats
- Replace resistance band sprints with 10 seconds of knee high running on the spot, or a 100m sprint.
- Replace russian twists with medicine ball with a standard russian twist.
Make sure you explode in the jump lunges and clean and presses. This is essential to get your heart rate up for maximum calorie burn, as well as to activate as many fast twitch muscle fibres as possible.