In January 2011 I set out to dramatically alter my physical appearance by losing as much body fat as I could and getting ripped. Here are the results.
Body Transformation Goals
The goals for my 2011 body transformation were to:
- Get six-pack abs for the first time in my life
- Achieve a body fat of under 10% (I started at just over 20%)
- Fit comfortably into size 32 waist jeans (38″ waist jeans were tight when I started)
- Inspire and motivate others to make their own body transformations (hence why I started BTL)
- Form healthy eating habits that would last a lifetime (I had been yo-yo dieting for 12 years)
At my heaviest and badly out of shape. I weighed approximately 93kg (205lb) with a body fat close to 30%.
Still rather large, as you can see by the roundness of my face. The background is a snow covered Istanbul, Turkey. I had just eaten a massive plate of Gelato ice cream, if my memory serves me correctly…
A slight improvement by July 2010, but still well over 20% body fat. I was still in the ‘dieting’ mindset rather than forming healthy eating habits for life.
Here’s me after 9 months of following health eating habits, at a low of 72.3 kg (159 lbs).
Start (January 2011)
- Body fat: A little over 20% (eyeball assessment)
- Waist: 38″
- Body weight: 88kg (194lb)
Sadly I have no photos from this time.
End (October 2011)
My results and photos will be posted mid-October.
- Body fat: ~11%
- Waist: 31″
- Body weight: 72.3kg (159lb)
In the past 10 months I have successfully lost 7 inches of my waist and dropped 15.7kg (35lb) from 88kg to 72.3kg. In the past two years I have lost 20kg (44lb). I’ve kept my muscle mass and now have just visible abs. I look and feel much happier and more confident.
My next goal is to increase my muscle mass but keep my abs visible.